Posting - Part-Time Acting Executive Director
Send a letter of interest and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5:00pm on Friday 1/18/13.
Hard copy materials will not be accepted.
REQUEST FOR CONTRACT LETTER OF INTEREST
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is offering a contract for the services of an Acting Executive Director for a period of six months commencing in February, 2013.
The Board of Directors of the NHCADSV is offering this contract to support the work and staff of the coalition as it transitions to a permanent Executive Director. In addition to the Acting Executive Director, the Board has engaged the services of national technical assistance providers and a Leadership Consultant who are working with the staff, Board and Coalition Member Programs.
The Acting Executive Director will provide support for the organization in the following areas: supervision and day-to-day support of the staff; funder relationships; fund-raising; and public policy support.
Scope of Contract:
- Provide oversight and supervision for the staff of the organization;
- Collaborate with staff to represent the organization in the legislature and with state agencies;
- Collaborate with staff and the Fund Raising Committee to engage in fund development activities;
- Maintain organizational systems and standards, especially those related to fiscal management and funding allocation;
- Support the work of the Board of Directors;
- Interface with the leadership from Member Programs with an orientation toward membership-driven work.
- Collaborate with consultants and Search Committee to recruit a permanent Executive Director.
- 25 hours per week;
- Work will be completed out of the NHCADSV office in Concord, New Hampshire;
- Some in-state travel
- Adherence to federal funding documentation standards.
- Contractor is responsible to the Board of Directors.
- A basic understanding of sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking issues.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a large nonprofit organization.
- Strong leadership, administrative, negotiation, presentation and networking skills.
- Outstanding facilitation and group management skills, including the ability to synthesize diverse opinions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated fundraising knowledge.
- Bachelor's Degree required, plus Master’s Degree or equivalent experience.
The 14 member programs of the New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence provide services regardless of gender, age, health status (including HIV-positive), physical, mental or emotional ability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, socio-economic status, race, national origin, immigration status or religious or political affiliation.