Job Posting - AmeriCorp Victim Assistance Program Coordinator
Email a letter of interest & resume to email@example.com by June 24, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Hard copy materials will not be accepted.
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence creates safe and just communities through advocacy, prevention and empowerment of anyone affected by sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking.
The above mission is accomplished by the Coalition, which includes 14 independent community-based member programs, a board of directors and a central staff working together to: 1) influence public policy on the local, state and national levels; 2) ensure that quality services are provide to victims; 3) promote the accountability of societal systems and communities for their responses to sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking; 4) prevent violence and abuse before they occur.
Implementation of the NH AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program. Coordinate the placement, training, and evaluation of AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program members. Provide training, technical assistance, and support to members and their site supervisors to meet program objectives. Perform duties to meet compliance with federal and program policies and procedures.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Member Relations Responsibilities:
- Recruit new AVAP members
- Participate in interview of and recommend prospective members
- Conduct reference checks on prospective members
- Produce and coordinate the initial AVAP member training
- Produce and facilitate member team meetings
- Provide support and consultation to members
- Provide support and consultation to site supervisors
- Coordinate and conduct member evaluations
- Assess and document member disciplinary actions
- Produce and distribute AVAP member newsletter
- Collect and compile data for meeting program and member objectives (activity sheets)
- Review/document member community contact forms, client surveys
- Participate in special projects and office tasks as required for the effective operation of the Program
- Coordinate The Clothesline Project
- Attend periodic meetings to further the mission of AVAP
- Approve member mileage reimbursement
This is a general description of duties and not intended to list every specific function of position.
- Strong negotiation and oral and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and ability to manage a variety of tasks.
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to domestic and sexual violence issues.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Human resource experience desired.
- Some in-state travel required.
Physical and psychological demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks (such as phone calls, computer work, attending meetings) under stressful situations and able to consistently function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be capable of using a visual display terminal with keyboard, repetitively use his/her wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Must be able to communicate independently.
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, and lift or move up to 20 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.