Job Posting - Part-Time Development Assistant (Temporary)
Send a letter of interest and a resume to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on Friday 2/15/13.
Hard copy materials will not be accepted.
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence creates safe and just communities through advocacy, prevention and empowerment of anyone affected by sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking.
The above mission is accomplished by the Coalition, which includes 14 independent community-based member programs, a Board of Directors and a central staff working together to: 1) Influence public policy on the local, state and national levels; 2) Ensure that quality services are provided to victims; 3) Promote the accountability of societal systems and communities for their responses to sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking; 4) Prevent violence and abuse before they occur.
Job Objective and Summary: Coordinate and provide administrative support to the Community Relations director, including fundraising database management and event and special project support.
These primary job functions will be performed at the Coalition’s office in Concord, NH. The employee must have access to reliable transportation to and from work. Occasional travel may be required throughout New Hampshire as necessary. Flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends may be required
- Process donations using Giftworks database, including online contributions, matching gifts, multi-year pledges.
- Coordinate timely acknowledgements to donors.
- Produce monthly donation and donor reports.
- Update contact information and mailing preferences of donors.
- Produce donor recognition lists, campaign and appeal summaries, and custom materials and lists for campaigns.
- Perform imports and exports to/from database.
- Coordinate departmental tasks such as mailings, and other promotional pieces.
- Provide support to the Community Relations Director in organizing special events. This may include communicating with vendors, coordinating invitation lists and RSVP’s, handling any audio-visual requirements, setting up and staffing check-in and welcome areas, and coordinating volunteers.
- Participate in Events and Development Committee meetings, taking notes, producing and distributing agenda and minutes.
- Maintain inventory of materials used by the Community Relations department and ordering as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Administrative and/or development experience in a non-profit setting preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Giftworks or a similar donor database.
- Competent with electronic communication.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to take direction, work independently and as part of a team, and be self-motivated.
- An understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues, and multi-disciplinary approaches preferred.
Physical and psychological demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks (such as phone calls, computer work, attending meetings) under stressful situations and able to consistently function well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be capable of using a visual display terminal with keyboard, repetitively use his/her wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Must be able to talk and hear .
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.