Job Posting - Part-time Development Coordinator
Email a letter of interest & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 24, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Hard copy materials will not be accepted.
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence creates safe and just communities through advocacy, prevention and empowerment of anyone affected by sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking.
The above mission is accomplished by the Coalition, which includes 14 independent community-based member programs, a Board of Directors and a central staff working together to: 1) Influence public policy on the local, state and national levels; 2) Ensure that quality services are provided to victims; 3) Promote the accountability of societal systems and communities for their responses to sexual violence, domestic violence and stalking; 4) Prevent violence and abuse before they occur.
Job Objective and Summary: Coordinate and provide administrative support to the Community Relations director, including fundraising database management, organizing and synthesizing materials for all appeals, some event management and special project support.
These primary job functions will be performed at the Coalition’s office in Concord, NH. The employee must have access to reliable transportation to and from work. Occasional travel may be required throughout New Hampshire as necessary. This is a part-time 20 hour a week position with a flexible schedule, some evenings and weekends may be required.
- Process donations using Giftworks database, including online contributions, matching gifts, multi-year pledges.
- Prepare donor lists for all appeals, identifying appropriate groupings for more personalized appeals.
- Analyze the results of all appeals and help identify major giving prospects.
- Produce monthly donation and donor reports.
- Update contact information and mailing preferences of donors.
- Perform imports and exports to/from database.
- Coordinate departmental tasks such as mailings, and other promotional pieces.
Donor Communication and Stewardship:
- Organize and synthesize materials for all direct mail and electronic appeals.
- Create content related to all appeals for all social media outlets and the Coalition’s website.
- Produce communication materials to update individual and corporate donors on the impact of their gift.
- Coordinate timely acknowledgements to donors.
- Produce donor recognition lists, campaign and appeal summaries, and custom materials and lists for campaigns.
- Provide support to the Community Relations Director in organizing special events. This may include communicating with vendors, coordinating invitation lists and RSVP’s, handling any audio-visual requirements, setting up and staffing check-in and welcome areas, and coordinating volunteers.
- Participate in Event Committee and Development Committee meetings, taking notes, producing and distributing agenda, dashboard report and minutes.
- Maintain inventory of materials used by the Community Relations department and ordering as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience. Development experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Giftworks or a similar donor database.
- Competent with electronic communication.
- Effective communication skills, in particular creative writing.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to take direction, work independently and as part of a team, and be self-motivated.
- An understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues, and multi-disciplinary approaches preferred.
Physical and psychological demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks (such as phone calls, computer work, attending meetings) under stressful situations and able to consistently function well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be capable of using a visual display terminal with keyboard, repetitively use his/her wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Must be able to communicate independently.
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.