Job Posting - Development & Database Coordinator
Part-Time - 30 hours a week
Email a letter of interest & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2015 at 5:00 pm
Hard copy materials will not be accepted.
The New Hampshire Coalition Against Domestic and Sexual Violence is seeking an organized and dynamic professional to execute the development plan for the organization and support the efforts of the Community Relations Director. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work independently and regularly report back in a timely manner to senior management on all development activities. This person will be responsible for ensuring the successful implementation of a comprehensive development plan that involves communicating and directing the activities of senior management, board members and key volunteers. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining data critical to our success and supporting fundraising efforts.
The primary responsibilities of this position are:
- Database Management: Using GiftWorks software to coordinate all donor communications in a timely manner; analyze donor data, identify trends; and segment and code donor groups in preparation for the annual fund mailings;
- Direct Mail: Responsible for creating the timelines and executing the activities for all direct mail campaigns with creative direction from the Community Relations Director.
- Cultivation and Stewardship: Work with the Community Relations Director to develop and implement strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors. Assist in the development and execution of stewardship plans for donors at various recognition levels within the Coalition’s giving programs.
- Special Events: Provide support to the Community Relations Director in the execution and organization of special events including the annual Hall of Fame Luncheon.
These primary job functions will be performed at the Coalition’s office in Concord, NH. The employee must have access to reliable transportation to and from work. Occasional travel may be required throughout New Hampshire as necessary. Some evenings and weekends may be required
- Process donations using GiftWorks database, including online contributions, matching gifts, multi-year pledges.
- Prepare donor lists for all appeals, identifying appropriate groupings for more personalized appeals.
- Analyze the results of all appeals and help identify major giving prospects.
- Produce monthly donation and donor reports.
- Perform imports and exports to/from database.
- Coordinate departmental tasks such as mailings, and other promotional pieces.
- Keep the data clean and updated by following set data entry protocols, expanding notes, and removing duplicates, updating addresses, tracking individual relationships, mailings and event attendance.
Donor Communication and Stewardship:
- Create and implement Annual Appeal timeline by organizing and synthesizing materials for all direct mail and electronic appeals.
- Coordinate with the Community Relations Coordinator to disseminate content related to all appeals to social media outlets and the Coalition’s website.
- Provide event information to the Community Relations Coordinator for dissemination through social media and on the Coalition website.
- Produce communication materials to update individual and corporate donors on the impact of their gift.
- Coordinate timely acknowledgements to donors.
- Assist in the development of stewardship plans for donors at various recognition levels within the Coalition’s giving programs.
- Ensure that details of stewardship plans and timelines are compiled and communicated to all involved parties, and that the plan is documented, and implemented.
- Support a process that prompts senior management and board members to assist them in maintaining personal contact with major donors and volunteers.
- Provide support to the Community Relations Director in organizing special events. This may include communicating with vendors, coordinating invitation lists and RSVP’s, handling any audio-visual requirements, setting up and staffing check-in and welcome areas, and coordinating volunteers.
- Participate in Event Committee and Development Committee meetings by taking the minutes and working with the Community Relations Director in the development of agendas and distribution of related reports.
- Maintain inventory of materials used by the Community Relations department and ordering as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Software Experience.
- Development experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Giftworks or a similar donor database.
- Competent with electronic communication.
- Effective communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to follow through on projects
- Ability to take direction, work independently and as part of a team, and be self-motivated.
- An understanding of domestic and sexual violence issues, and multi-disciplinary approaches preferred.
Physical and psychological demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be physically and mentally capable of performing multiple tasks (such as phone calls, computer work, attending meetings) under stressful situations and able to consistently function well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be capable of using a visual display terminal with keyboard, repetitively use his/her wrist, elbow and shoulder.
- Must be able to talk and hear .
- Must be able to climb multiple flights of stairs, and lift or move up to 25 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work expected for this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.