Mission of the AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program
AVAP is part of AmeriCorps, a national service program that offers opportunities to Americans who are interested in making a substantial commitment to serve their country through national service.
For more information call us through the Coalition at (603) 224-8893 or email April@nhcadsv.org.
The AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program is made up of full and part-time domestic and sexual violence advocates. Each January AVAP seeks candidates for positions to begin in September. Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to community service and have an interest in the areas of domestic and sexual violence and stalking. Applications and placements are made on a rolling basis. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding openings and placement availability. We encourage people of diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. No prior experience or degree required.
- At least 18 years of age
- Must commit to a year of service
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to remain non-judgmental and be open-minded
- High level of maturity and ability to work as a team player
- Valid driver's license, reliable transportation and auto insurance (some sites do not require)
- Weekly living allowance
- Health insurance
- Childcare (if eligible)
- Education award
- Student Loan forbearance and loan interest accrual coverage
- Excellent training, transferable skills, and great networking experience
*Benefits are available to full-time members. Some benefits are prorated for part-time members
If accepted into the program, an extensive two week training in September prepares members for their site placements in the community. Members receive additional training once a month throughout the year.
AVAP's first members began in 1994 with the Summer of Safety Program. Today we have over 400 alums. We would love to reconnect with you! Please send us your current contact information to email@example.com or join our members group on Facebook. AVAP also has a public Facebook page where you can stay connected to the work we do.