Related Links and Websites
On this Page:
AmeriCorps Victim Assistance Program (AVAP) is a multi-agency collaboration to ensure direct services are available to victims of domestic and sexual violence and stalking in New Hampshire.
NH Governor's Commission on the Humane Treatment of Animals
NH Commission on the Status of Women
Resource: - A Legal Handbook for Women in New Hampshire
Designed to provide women of New Hampshire with information about state and federal laws related to:
- Sexual violence
- Family law
- Criminal law
- National Network to End Domestic Violence is a membership and advocacy organization focused on federal public policy. The NNEDV began in 1990 as a small working group of state domestic violence coalitions and national domestic violence advocates and has grown into an effective national organization representing and assisting state coalitions and advocating for federal legislation to benefit victims of direct service organizations.
- National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Alianza – The National Latino Alliance For the Elimination of Domestic Violence
- Institute of Domestic Violence in The African American Community - The Institute on Domestic Violence in the African American Community (IDVAAC) is an organization focused on the unique circumstances of African Americans as they face issues related to domestic violence.
- MINCAVA electronic clearinghouse provides an extensive pool of up-to-date educational resources about all types of violence.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence - NCADV (located in Denver, CO) is a grassroots non-profit membership organization working since 1978 to end violence in the lives of victims. NCADV provides a national network for state coalitions and local programs servicing domestic violence victims, public policy at the national level, technical assistance, community awareness campaigns, general information and referrals, and publications on the issue of domestic violence.
- National Council Of Juvenile and Family Court Judges - The mission of the NCJFCJ is to improve courts and systems practice and raise awareness of the core issues that touch the lives of many of our nation's children and families.
- National Domestic Violence Hotline - NDVH is a nonprofit organization that provides crisis intervention, information and referral to victims of domestic violence, perpetrators, friends and families.
- National Online Resource Center on Violence Against Women (VAWnet) - The mission of VAWnet is to harness and use electronic communication technology to end violence against women.
- National Resource Center on Domestic Violence
- The Asian & Pacific Islander Institute on Domestic Violence serves as a forum for, and clearinghouse on information, research, resources and critical issues about violence against women in Asian and Pacific Islander communities.
- The Battered Women's Justice Project offers training, technical assistance, and consultation on the most promising practices of the criminal and civil justice systems in addressing domestic violence.
- The Family Violence Prevention Fund works to end domestic violence and help victims whose lives are devastated by abuse, because every person has the right to live in a home free of violence.
- The National Clearinghouse for the Defense of Battered Women provides customized technical assistance to battered women charged with crimes and to members of their defense teams (defense attorneys, advocates, expert witnesses and others).
- WomensLaw.org - Providing legal information and support to victims of domestic violence. A project of the National Network to End Domestic Violence.
- The National Sexual Violence Resource - serves as the nation’s principle information and resource center regarding all aspects of sexual violence.
- Pennsylvania Coalition Against Rape (PCAR) is an organization working at the state and national levels to prevent sexual violence.
- Rape and Incest National Network (RAINN) operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1.800.656.HOPE and the National Sexual Assault Online Hotline at rainn.org, and publicizes the hotline's free, confidential services; educates the public about sexual assault; and leads national efforts to prevent sexual assault, improve services to victims and ensure that rapists are brought to justice.
- Association for the Treatment of Sexual Abusers ATSA is an international organization focused specifically on the prevention of sexual abuse through effective management of sex offenders.
- National Center on Domestic and Sexual Violence
- Make the Connection provides extensive resources for Veterans suffering from effects of military sexual trauma.
The Stalking Resource Center from the National Center for Victims of Crime provides multiple services including: Training, Technical Assistance, a Web site, and an Information Clearinghouse.
- Darkness to Light - Mission: to diminish the incidence and impact of child sexual abuse, so that more children will grow up healthy and whole.
- National Teen Dating Abuse Helpline is a national 24-hour resource that can be accessed by phone or the internet, specifically designed for teens and young adults. The Helpline and loveisrespect.org offer real-time one-on-one support from trained Peer Advocates.
- Stop It Now prevents the sexual abuse of children by mobilizing adults, families and communities to take actions that protect children before they are harmed.
- Thatsnotcool.com is attempting to raise awareness about digital dating abuse and stop it before it gets worse. Sponsored and co-created by the Family Violence Prevention Fund, the Office on Violence Against Women and the Ad Council, the site is designed to address new and complicated problems between teens who are dating or hooking up—problems like constant and controlling texting, pressuring for nude pictures, and breaking into someone's e-mail or social networking page.
The Office on Violence Against Women (U.S. Department of Justice)
The Centers for Disease Control provides information on many aspects of health, including the consequences of domestic and sexual violence.
The National Criminal Justice Reference Service provides information on crime and victims' rights, including the victims of domestic and sexual violence.